Somerdale Park School District
Pre-School & Kindergarten Registration
For the 2017-2018 School Year
Remember to bring all your documents when registering your child such as immunization records, current physical, birth certificate, proof of residence and any documents regarding services your child may need to receive. Reminder, if you are missing any information you will not be able to complete the registration process.
Registration Procedure for Pre-School and Kindergarten Students:
All children age four (4) by October 1, 2017 are eligible for our Pre-School Program.
All children age five (5) by October 1, 2017 are eligible for our Kindergarten Program.
Parents/Guardians must schedule an appointment with Mrs. Costello (856) 783-6261 x 813 to turn in your registration information when completed.
Appointments are scheduled to take place on:
April 27 & 28, 2017 – appointment times will be between the hours of: 8:30 A.M. to 12:30 A.M. and 1:30 P.M. to 2:30 P.M.
The following documents are required at the time of registration:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Medical Information
A. Completed Medical Examination Form (must be less than 365 days old)
B. Current Immunization Record (required by law):
Must meet the following requirements:
- DTaP Series – minimum 4 doses; one dose must be on/after 4th birthday
- Polio Series – minimum 3 doses of OPV or IPV; One dose must be on/after 4th birthday
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella(MMR) – 2 doses required; one must be after 1st birthday & doses must be separated by at least 28 days
- Hepatitis B Series – All Children born on/after January 1st, 1996 & entering Kindergarten are required to have received 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccine.
- Varivax (chicken pox vaccine or proof of disease by physician)
- Proof of receiving Mantoux/PPD
Pre-School Registrants: in addition to above:
- Haemophilus Influenza Type B(HIB) – All children 59 months of age or less are required to have at least one dose of HIB.
- PCV (Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine)- All Children 59 months of age or less are required to have at least 1 dose of PCV on or after their 1st birthday
- Influenza Vaccine- All Children 59 months of age or less must annually receive at least 1 dose of Influenza Vaccine between September 1st & December 31st of each year & submit proof of receiving Vaccine to School nurseC. Completed Confidential Health History Form
- Proof of residence: TWO of the following PLUS Drivers License reflecting Somerdale address and all Custody Papers for student (if applicable) :
- Current Utility bill
- Tax bill
- Sewer/Water bill
- Mortgage Settlement papers
- Custody Papers, Court Orders, State Agency Agreements
If the following forms are needed for proof of residence, be sure to have all documents listed with you at time of registration:
- Apartment Lease, a current bill from above list & current drivers license
- Affidavit if residing with someone else, copies of all documents provided to the notary public when affidavit was notarized & current drivers license
- PreK-Kindergarten Medical Reg. Form
- Confidential Health History Form
- Student Handbook Medication-Health Office Policies
- Prescription – RX Medication Form
- New Student Medical Evaluation Form
- OTC Med Form
- ATHLETIC PARTICPITATION POLICY 2014 -PARENT LETTER
- NJ STATE ATHLETIC PRE-PARTICIPATION PHYSICAL FORM 2014
- NJ STATE DOE HealthHistoryUpdateForm 2014 -complete if AthPhys Date more than 90 days old